Making your own simple Christmas crafts during the holiday season is a great way to get creative at Christmas time. This year, why not spend some of that time making your own gifts for everyone on your shopping list? Dollar Tree is the perfect place to find supplies for your next gift idea! And this fun hot chocolate gift is probably the easiest Dollar Tree DIY gift idea you can make this year.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may earn a commission if you purchase something from my link (at no additional cost to you). Thanks for your support!
These adorable DIY Dollar Tree gift idea is the perfect way to show someone you care this holiday season. In addition to being quick and easy to make, you can make two of these cute gifts for just $5!
Looking for more DIY gift ideas? Check out all my amazing mason jar gifts to give during the holiday season!
Dollar Tree DIY Gift Idea
Finding cheap and easy gift ideas is one of the best ways to save money during the holiday season. But just because you’re saving money on your DIY gifts doesn’t mean the have to look cheap. This adorable DIY Dollar Tree Christmas gift is so cute, your loved ones will never know it’s from the dollar store.
To make your Dollar Tree hot chocolate gift, you’ll just need a few simple supplies from the dollar store, including:
- Santa mugs: I love these adorable Santa mugs, but that wasn’t the only design my Dollar Tree had in stock! My store also had cute snowman mugs, too.
- Instant hot chocolate packets: Grab a box of Swiss Miss hot chocolate. Each box has six packets in it, which means you can add three packages of hot chocolate mix to your hot cocoa gift if you’re making two mugs.
- Snow Caps: These chocolate candies would make a great addition to a cup of hot chocolate. And Snow Caps look adorable when you package them up with a cute bow on top.
- Mini candy canes: Add some Christmas cheer to your hot chocolate gift with the help of a few mini candy canes.
- Mini marshmallows: You can’t have a cup of hot chocolate without marshmallows. Purchase a bag of mini marshmallows at Dollar Tree to add to your DIY Christmas gift.
- Printable gift tag: Keep reading to see how to get your free printable hot chocolate gift tag to add to your DIY Dollar Tree gift.
Free Hot Chocolate Gift Tag
You’re going to need to add a cute gift tag to your hot chocolate gift before you give it out. Grab my free printable tag, sign your name on the back, and tie it to your Dollar Tree gift before you give it to your loved ones this Christmas.
To make your own Dollar Tree hot chocolate gift, you’ll need to print out my free gift tags. To get your own, simply subscribe to my email list, print them out on cardstock, and tie them to your mug.
Want to print my free hot chocolate gift tags? Just sign up for my newsletter, get the password in your inbox, download, and print! To get access to all of my freebies, click here to subscribe to my email list.After subscribing, you’ll receive a welcome email with a password exclusively for my subscribers. If you don’t see the message shortly after submitting your contact information, be sure to check your junk or spam folders and add my email as to your safe list! I’ll keep you up-to-date on new freebies and other posts twice a month after that.
After grabbing your free gift tags, you can get started making your dollar store gift! First, open the packages of marshmallows and Snow Caps. Place a handful of each in a small clear bag, then tie the top of each bag with twine. I got this red and white twine from Dollar Tree in the craft section.
Next, put your gift together by placing three packets of instant hot chocolate in the back of the mug. Then place your marshmallows and Snow Caps in front of the hot chocolate. Finish by adding a couple of mini candy canes to the mug.
After you have your mug filled, you’re ready to add the tag. After downloading your gift tag, print it out on white cardstock. Cut each tag out around the red border, then use a hole punch to punch a hole in the corner. Thread a piece of twine through the hole and tie it to the handle of your Santa mug.
Hot Chocolate Gift Tag Ideas
While this cute gift tag is perfect for your Dollar Tree hot chocolate gift, that’s not the only way you can use the free printable! These fun printable gift tags are perfect for a:
- Homemade hot chocolate gift. Make your own homemade hot chocolate to give as a gift, then tie this cute tag around the jar.
- Hot chocolate bomb gift. Give your friend and family a hot chocolate bomb this year and tie this cute gift tag to the bag.
- Coffee gift basket. Make a gift basket for your favorite coffee lover and add this cute gift tag to the basket.
- Hot cocoa gift basket. Or make a DIY hot cocoa bar gift basket for someone on your list and add this hot chocolate gift tag.
Dollar Tree Hot Chocolate Gift
Since this easy Dollar Tree hot chocolate gift is so easy to make, you’re going to want to give them to everyone on your list! The best part about this dollar store gift idea is that it’s so versatile — you really can give it to anyone.
Make this easy DIY Christmas gift this holiday season and give it to:
- Your neighbors. Hot chocolate gifts are perfect for giving to your neighbors. It’s a simple gift idea that is great for passing out around the neighborhood without spending a fortune on presents.
- The mailman. Place this cute hot chocolate gift in your mailbox to tell your mail person how much you appreciate them during the holiday season.
- UPS and FedEx delivery. Don’t forget your UPS and FedEx delivery people this holiday season! Give them this simple gift to say thanks for all their hard work.
- Service providers. Giving gifts to your favorite service providers is a great way to show your appreciation to them during the holidays. You can give this cheap hot chocolate gift to your hairstylist, nail tech, dog walker, babysitter, and coaches.
- Teachers. Tell your kids’ teachers thank you for their hard work during the holidays with this cute gift idea.
- Santa mug
- Instant hot chocolate packets
- Snow Caps
- Mini marshmallows
- Mini candy canes
- Small plastic bags
- Printable gift tags
- Fill one plastic bag with mini marshmallows. Tie the top closed with a piece of twine.
- Fill another bag with Snow Caps. Tie the top closed with a piece of twine.
- Place three packets of hot chocolate in the mug. Put the bags of marshmallows and Snow Caps in front of the hot chocolate packets.
- Add mini candy canes.
- Print out the gift tags on card stock and cut out the tags around the outer border. Punch a hole in the end of the tag and tie it to the handle of the mug with twine.
All items for this gift were purchased at Dollar Tree.
More Fun Christmas Craft Ideas:
If you like this post, you’ll probably like these:
Emily is a midwestern mom of two boys. She loves all things DIY — from home renovations to kids birthday party planning. Whether she’s making a new farmhouse craft for her home or helping her kids with a cool activity, you can bet she’s in the middle of some kind of DIY project (or three) right now!