Making your own simple Christmas crafts is a great way to decorate your home for Christmas. And since I love Rae Dunn, I’m always on the hunt for new pieces to add to my existing decor. But finding amazing Christmas Rae Dunn decorations is hard! That’s why I also make my own! This cute DIY Rae Dunn Christmas sign is so easy to make, you’ll want to make a different design for every room of your home.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may earn a commission if you purchase something from my link (at no additional cost to you). Thanks for your support!
This easy Rae Dunn inspired Christmas sign is a quick and simple way to add some Rae Dunn style to your holiday decor when you can’t find the perfect piece at the store. It’s one of my favorite Christmas farmhouse DIY projects.
Looking for more farmhouse style crafts? Check out all my fun mason jar craft ideas to get tons of great inspiration for a variety of great crafts!
DIY Rae Dunn Christmas Sign
To make your own DIY Rae Dunn Christmas sign, you’ll need a few supplies and a few minutes of your time. One of the supplies you’ll need is my free cut file to add your own Rae Dunn holiday phrase. Keep reading to see how to get your free Rae Dunn SVG!
To make your Rae Dunn Christmas sign, you’ll just need a few craft supplies, including:
- Blank sign: I found this cute blank enamel sign with a wood frame at Wal-Mart. It was perfect for my Rae Dunn lettering!
- Red vinyl and transfer paper: Any red vinyl and transfer paper will work for this project!
- Rae Dunn Christmas SVG file: Keep reading to see how to get your copy of this free Rae Dunn inspired Let it Snow SVG file to make your own sign at home.
- Cricut: To cut the words for your holiday sign, you’ll need a cutting machine to cut the vinyl. I use the Cricut Explore Air 2 and love it!
Free Rae Dunn Let it Snow SVG
To make your own Rae Dunn sign, you’ll need to start by downloading my free decal SVG file. The SVG includes the phrase Let it Snow in Rae Dun font. To get your own, simply subscribe to my email list, cut the words with your favorite cutting machine, and apply them to your sign.
Want to cut my free Rae Dunn inspired Let it Snow sign? Just sign up for my newsletter, get the password in your inbox, download, and print! To get access to all of my freebies, subscribe to my email list.After subscribing, you’ll receive a welcome email with a LINK TO DOWNLOAD YOUR FILES. If you don’t see the message shortly after submitting your contact information, be sure to check your junk or spam folders and add my email as to your safe list! I’ll keep you up-to-date on new freebies and other posts twice a month after that.
After downloading the SVG file, unzip your file and upload it into Design Space. After loading the SVG, you’ll see that each letter of the phrase is a separate element. To make it easier to cut your design, start by selecting all the letters with your mouse. Next, weld the letters together so they stay as a group when you’re ready to cut them. Click the weld option in the bottom right corner.
After all the letters are welded together, you can resize your phrase to fit on your sign. Measure the width and height of the space where you want your phrase to go, then resize the letters in Design Space to fit that area.
When all your words are the correct size, you can start cutting. Just hit the Make It button at the top and send your Rae Dunn Christmas phrase to your Cricut to cut.
Rae Dunn Inspired Sign
Now that you have your vinyl ready to go, you can make your sign! Make sure your sign is clean and dry, then prepare your vinyl to be transferred.
First, place a piece of transfer tape on top of the vinyl letters, making sure all the letters are covered with the tape. Rub the tape onto each letter, then remove it from the backing paper. Then, center the phrase on top of your sign and press the letters onto the surface of the sign. Use a credit card or other flat object to transfer the vinyl to the sign. When all your letters are stuck to the sign, carefully remove the transfer tape.
And that’s it! How easy is that? Within a few minutes you can create your own Rae Dunn sign to hang at home without the need to go hunting in the stores for new decor!
This simple Rae Dunn sign would look amazing in so many places! After you’re finished creating it, you could:
- Sit it on your mantle. Decorate your Christmas mantle with some Rae Dun style by placing the sign on the mantle with the rest of your holiday decor.
- Place it on top of a wreath. Welcome guests to your home this holiday season by placing your sign on top of a wreath and hanging it on your front door.
- Give it as a gift. This fun sign would make an amazing gift for any Rae Dunn lover on your holiday shopping list this year!
- Sell it. Make some extra cash for the holidays by creating your own Rae Dunn inspired signs and selling them.
- Blank wood sign
- Red vinyl
- Cut file
- Transfer tape
- Cricut cutting machine
- Cricut weeding tool
- Upload the SVG file into Design Space and group the letters, then weld the words.
- Resize the phrase to fit on your sign.
- Cut the files on red vinyl. Weed out extra vinyl until only the letters are left.
- Use transfer tape to transfer the words to your sign.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
More Fun Christmas Craft Ideas:
If you like this post, you’ll probably like these:
Emily is a midwestern mom of two boys. She loves all things DIY — from home renovations to kids birthday party planning. Whether she’s making a new farmhouse craft for her home or helping her kids with a cool activity, you can bet she’s in the middle of some kind of DIY project (or three) right now!