Finding simple crafts for kids that incorporate your kids’ favorite things is a great way to pass the time in a creative way. And since my kids love Toy Story, I’m always looking for fun ways to use the movie’s characters in crafts. These cute paper plate DIY Toy Story aliens are the perfect way to have some fun making something your kids will love.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may earn a commission if you purchase something from my link (at no additional cost to you). Thanks for your support!
This simple craft is so easy to make — especially if you have a Cricut at home. Just download the printable template, then use your Cricut to cut out the pieces to create your own paper plate aliens!
Looking for more Toy Story ideas? Check out these Toy Story birthday party ideas to find more fun projects to make with your Disney fans.
DIY Toy Story Alien
Your kids will have a blast making their own DIY Toy Story aliens at home and since you get a free downloadable template, there’s no hard work involved in this easy craft!
What I love about this easy craft is that you only need a handful of supplies to put it together! Here’s what you’ll need to make your own paper plate Toy Story aliens:
- Paper plate: Use a plain paper plate to make the face for your Toy Story alien craft. We used a small white paper plate that was six inches wide for this craft.
- Green paint: Turn your plain white paper plate into an alien face with the help of green paint. Since most paper plates have a wax coating, it’s a good idea to use acrylic paint for this craft instead of watercolor paint.
- Cardstock: For best results, cardstock is the best option for printing out your Toy Story alien template. Using plain copy paper may make cause your ears and antennae to rip.
- Printable alien template: You can download your alien template in PNG or PDF formats. Use the PNG as a print then cut file in your Cricut. Or print the PDF file and cut it with scissors.
In addition to these craft supplies, you’ll also need glue and scissors to put this craft together. While your child can use traditional glue to build most of the craft, I suggest using a glue stick to glue the pieces together to keep the mess to a minimum.
Toy Story Alien Eyes Printable
The key to keeping this craft simple is to grab my free Toy Story alien eyes printable. And when you use your Cricut to cut out the shapes, you cut down your prep work, too.
To make these cute Toy Story aliens, you’ll need to start by downloading the free printable template. Get yours by signing up for my newsletter here.
Want to print this template for your own DIY aliens? Just sign up for my newsletter, get the password in your inbox, download, and print! To get access to all of my freebies,click here to subscribe to my email list.
After subscribing, you’ll receive a welcome email with a password exclusively for my subscribers. If you don’t see the message shortly after submitting your contact information, be sure to check your junk or spam folders and add my email as to your safe list! I’ll keep you up-to-date on new freebies and other posts twice a month after that.
After downloading the template, you can use the PNG version in Cricut Design Space. Simply upload the file, then select the Print then Cut Option.
Resize the elements of the template file, if needed, to fit on your plate. If you’re using a six-inch plate like we did, there’s no need to resize the shapes. Then, hit the Make It button and select your printer. Place a sheet of white cardstock in your printer and print the template.
Put the paper on your cutting mat and load it into your Cricut, then hit the start button on your machine to cut out each piece. Remove the pieces from your cutting mat and give them to your kids to make their own aliens.
Paper Plate Toy Story Alien
After you have all the pieces ready to go, your kids can start crafting! Simply give them the ears, antennae, and eyes and let them create their own alien.
Start by preparing your paper plate. Use green paint to paint the front of the plate to turn it into an alien head. If you’d rather keep the mess under control, try using green markers or crayons to color the paper plate before you start gluing the pieces to the face.
When your plate is dry, use a glue stick to attach the ears to each side of the paper plate. Hold the ears in place until the glue is dry.
Next, use your glue stick to attach the antennae to the top of the paper plate. Hold the antennae in place until the glue is dry.
Finish by attaching the three eyes to the paper plate. Use a black marker to draw a smile on your alien’s face, and you’re all done making your very own Toy Story aliens!
- Printable alien ears, antennae, and eyes
- Small paper plate
- Green paint
- Cricut or scissors
- To use your Cricut to cut the ears, antennae, and eyes, download the PNG and upload into Design Space. Select the print then cut option.
- After uploading, hit the Make It button and select your printer. Print the graphic on cardstock, then place it on your cutting mat. Cut the printable with the Cricut.
- To cut the ears, antennae, and eyes with scissors, print the PDF on cardstock and cut each piece out around the outer border.
- Make the alien by painting the paper plate green.
- When the paint is dry, glue ears to each side of the alien and glue the antennae on top of the paper plate. Glue three eyes to the front of the plate and draw a mouth with a marker.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
More Fun Kids Craft Ideas:
If you like this post, you’ll probably like these:
Emily is a midwestern mom of two boys. She loves all things DIY — from home renovations to kids birthday party planning. Whether she’s making a new farmhouse craft for her home or helping her kids with a cool activity, you can bet she’s in the middle of some kind of DIY project (or three) right now!