Valentine’s Day will be here before you know it! That means it’s time to come up with a cute idea for your kid’s classroom valentines. Instead of buying boring valentines at the store, why not make your own DIY valentines this year? Making handmade valentines is actually a simple crafts for kids to make for the holiday! This year, help your kid make these cute kinetic sand valentines to pass out to all their friends.
This posts contains affiliate links, which means I may earn a commission if you purchase something from my link (at no additional cost to you). Thanks for your support!
These cute beach-themed printable valentines for Kinetic Sand are perfect if you’re looking for a unique valentine for your kids this year. Their classmates will love getting Kinetic Sand to play with at home!
The best part about this kid-friendly craft is that you only need a few supplies to make your own adorable valentines! Here’s what you’ll need to put your own Kinetic Sand valentines together:
- Printable valentines: Start by downloading my free printable valentine cards. Keep scrolling to see how to download your cards.
- Cardstock: It’s a good idea to print the cards on heavy cardstock so they’re strong enough to hold up to little hands playing with them.
- Mini Kinetic Sand containers: You can’t forget the sand for your Kinetic Sand valentines! I got these mini containers in the toy section at Wal-Mart.
- Tape or glue: Attach your valentines to the Kinetic Sand using tape or glue to secure them in place.
Free Printable Kinetic Sand Valentines
To make these cute Kinetic Sand valentine cards, you’ll need to start by downloading the free printable. Get yours by signing up for my newsletter here.
Want to print these printable valentine cards for your own DIY valentines? Just sign up for my newsletter, get the password in your inbox, download, and print! To get access to all of my freebies, click here to subscribe to my email list.
After subscribing, you’ll receive a welcome email with a password exclusively for my subscribers. If you don’t see the message shortly after submitting your contact information, be sure to check your junk or spam folders and add my email as to your safe list! I’ll keep you up-to-date on new freebies and other posts twice a month after that.
Assemble the DIY Valentines
After you’ve signed up for my e-mail and downloaded these cute beach-themed printable valentine cards for kids, you can start putting this simple craft together. First, make sure to print out the cards on cardstock. There are eight cards per page on the printable.
Print out enough valentines for the class, then use your scissors to cut out each valentine around the outside border. Since these valentines are a simple square shape, your kids can even help cut them out.
After all the cards are cut out and ready to be attached to the Kinetic Sand, let your kids get in on the fun! Your kid can simply sign to the back or flip the card over and write each of their classmates’ names on the back, then sign their name underneath.
When each of the cards has been signed and is ready to go on the sand container, you can start putting the rest of the craft together. Simply attach the card with a piece of tape or glue to the front of each Kinetic Sand container. That’s it! It’s so easy, even your kids can help make it!
And since these beach-themed valentines are so easy to make, you can customize them however you want! Use these ideas to create personalized sand valentines for your kids this Valentines Day:
- Attach the card with twine or ribbon. To add some more decoration to your valentines, why not add a cute bow? After attaching the card to the sand, wrap a piece of ribbon or twine around the sand and secure it with a bow.
- Use washi tape to attach the card to the sand. Decorative washi tape is another great way to attach the valentine to the Kinetic Sand. Use a piece of Valentine’s Day washi tape to attach the cards by placing a piece of tape on the top and bottom of the card.
- Printable valentines
- 10 packages of Kinetic Sand
- Download the printable valentines and print on cardstock.
- Cut out each valentine around the outer border.
- Sign the bottom of each card.
- Use a piece of tape to attach the card to the sand.
More Valentines Day ideas:
If you like this post, you’ll probably like these:
Emily is a midwestern mom of two boys. She loves all things DIY — from home renovations to kids birthday party planning. Whether she’s making a new farmhouse craft for her home or helping her kids with a cool activity, you can bet she’s in the middle of some kind of DIY project (or three) right now!