Wreaths are a great way to decorate your front door to welcome guests to your home. But making your own DIY wreaths can get expensive pretty quickly! Luckily, there are tons of amazing craft supplies at the dollar store you can use to put together some beautiful wreaths for your front porch. With these DIY Dollar Tree wreath ideas, you’ll be able to find a variety of easy Dollar Tree crafts you can make to decorate your front door any time of year.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may earn a commission if you purchase something from my link (at no additional cost to you). Thanks for your support!
Dollar Tree Wreath Ideas
Finding craft supplies at the dollar store is a great way to save money on your crafting — especially when you’re making DIY wreaths at home. And since there are tons of great items you can find at Dollar Tree, there are a variety of ways you can use this bargain store to your advantage to decorate your home on a budget.
The next time you’re shopping at Dollar Tree, take a look to see if you can find some budget-friendly dollar store wreath ideas in these sections:
- Seasonal section: In the seasonal section, which is typically to the right of the entrance, you’ll find craft supplies, decorations, and other items related to upcoming holidays and seasons. It’s a great place to find craft supplies for seasonal and holiday wreaths.
- Craft aisle: Another great place to look for cheap wreath supplies is in the craft section of Dollar Tree. In this section, you’ll be able to find wreath making supplies, like florals, paint, and ribbon, as well as basic supplies, like glue sticks.
- Party supplies: Dollar Tree has a great selection of colorful party supplies, which means if you’re working on a wreath for a party, you have to check out this aisle! Here, you’ll find solid-color tableware, balloons, streamers, and party favors — all of which can be used to create some festive wreaths.
- Household supplies: The dollar store also has tons of household supplies that are perfect for crafting. From plastic hooks to duct tape, you can find a variety of different household items to use for making and hanging your wreaths.
Dollar Tree Wreath Supplies
Now that you know where to look to find some great deals on supplies for your wreaths, you’re probably wondering, “What should I buy?” The supplies you’ll need to put your wreath together will depend on a few things, like what season you’re decorating for and the style you want your wreath to be. But there are a few basic wreath making supplies you can always find at Dollar Tree to help you get started on your next wreath:
- Wreath forms. You can find a variety of wreath forms at the dollar store. On top of traditional forms, like wire forms and foam wreaths, you can usually find seasonal shapes, too. During the spring season, the store often stocks cross and Easter bunny shapes. Or during Halloween, you can find witch hats and pumpkins.
- Ribbon. There are two different places you can find ribbon for decorating your wreath — the craft aisle and the seasonal section. If you’re looking for ribbon to match the season or the holiday, head to the seasonal section. Otherwise, you can find some basic ribbon options, like plain colors and burlap, in the craft aisle.
- Flowers. You can’t go wrong when adding some flowers to your wreath! The store usually has a large selection of budget-friendly florals to choose from. And they often follow the seasons, so you can find bold, natural colors in the fall and pastels in the spring.
- Filler. When making a wreath, it’s a good idea to have some filler material on hand to fill in the blank spots in your wreath. In the craft section, you’ll often find natural filler options, like moss, or you can grab some plain leaf stems in the floral section.
- Craft supplies. As you’re making your wreath, you’ll probably realize that you need some basic craft supplies to finish everything up. In the craft aisle, you can typically find handy supplies like hot glue (and even hot glue guns), twine, floral wire, and foam squares.
- Seasonal items. Creating wreaths for the holidays and seasons is a great way to change up your decor. And since Dollar Tree has a variety of seasonal decor all the time, you can easily add some holiday/seasonal elements to your wreath by checking the section in the front of the store.
With so many craft supplies to choose from, you better head to the dollar store right now! But first, keep reading to see all my favorite Dollar Tree wreath ideas! And if you find one you like, make sure to click the link to get more information.
More Fun Craft Ideas:
- How to Paint Mason Jars
- Easy DIY Farmhouse Decorating Ideas to Add Rustic Charm to Your Home
- DIY Rae Dunn Crafts for Your Home
Want access to all my free printables? Just sign up for my newsletter, get the password in your inbox, download, and print! To get access to all of my freebies, click here to subscribe to my email list.
Emily is a midwestern mom of two boys. She loves all things DIY — from home renovations to kids birthday party planning. Whether she’s making a new farmhouse craft for her home or helping her kids with a cool activity, you can bet she’s in the middle of some kind of DIY project (or three) right now!